Sunday, June 22, 2014

Nola's Lasagne

My very good friend Nola whom I left in Canberra is an awesome cook and she has kindly shared with me recipes to die for so I am "saving it here". This is the best lasagne recipe I have tasted and when you look at the ingredients and how its all made you will understand why.

Nola’s Lasagna

White Sauce, makes 1 pint

1 ½ oz (42g) butter and flour
¾ pint (1.5 cup) milk
1 cup double cream (thick)
pinch nutmet and salt
60g grated parmesan cheese

(½ cup (50g) smoked ham, medium onion, 1 small carrot, 2 sticks celery)
2 oz (56g) butter
5 sp oil

Chop above ingredients in brackets up fine, cook in a pan using the butter and oil for 10 mins.

1 glass white wine
2 chicken livers
¾ lb (340g) ground beef (mince)
¼ lb (113g) lean pork mince
¾ pint (1 ½ cup) beef stock
2 tbsp tomato paste

grated cheese for top later

On stove top, brown meat and add to vegetables, add stock, tomato paste and wine, simmer 45 mins

Layer sheets of pasta, then meat and vegetable mix, white sauce, season with salt and pepper to taste, repeat layers, last layer top with grated cheese.

Bake in moderate oven for 30-40 mins.

Pictures to come later when I make this recipe again as I never thought to take photos when I have made them previously as I didnt think I would have to put it on my blog so I could find the recipe for myself LOL

1 comment :

kiwimeskreations said...

Mt waistline is expanding just reading this - but as DH does not like lasagne so I will not be compelled to make this :-)
Blessings
Maxine